Friday, March 4, 2011

Bible Memory Awards


"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."     
Psalm 121:1-2

Next Sunday we will be presenting some awards for this past year's Bible memory efforts in our church. The awards include some new Bibles as well as some beautiful, framed Scripture pictures (one of them is pictured above), depending on how many verses each person said. I am always touched by how desirable these simple prizes are to our church people. Yesterday I bought two new kinds of Bibles that have just been printed, and I showed them around after last night's church service. Everybody loved them! One of the young ladies didn't say much or step forward to look at the new Bibles. When I asked her if she wanted to take a look, she sighed and said, "No, it will just make me sorry I didn't memorize more verses." I'm still waiting for the final list from my verse monitors, but when I get the final number of verses quoted, I'll include it in the next email update.  I'm looking forward to next Sunday when we will get to award these Bibles and pictures. This year's pictures turned out so nice that I wanted to share them with my blog readers. Enjoy!


"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord 
and Saviour Jesus Christ."     II Peter 3:18


"For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? 
who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?     
Psalm 89:6


"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."     Psalm 23:1


"God thundereth marvellously with his voice; 
great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend. 
For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth..."     
Job 37:5-6


"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; 
and lean not unto thine own understanding. 
In all thy ways acknowledge him, 
and he shall direct thy paths."     
Proverbs 3:5-6


"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: 
make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. 
Let the sea roar..."     Psalm 98:4,7



2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing the total number of verses that were memorized. All the pictures are amazing. I really like the sunflower one (and also the one with the dirt road). I'm guessing the sunflower one is catching my eye because I am longing for warmer weather....green grass....flowers....sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't to implement a Bible memory program at Golden Valley Baptist Church. I'll be using the members of Good News Baptist Church to inspire my members.

    ReplyDelete