This will be the final update on the auditorium project, because thankfully, we are getting close to being done! Last week we spent the week sanding, painting, installing curtain rods, and making and hanging curtains. I did not take many pictures last week, but did get a few pictures of the nearly finished auditorium Saturday night after setting up for the Sunday services. Let me hasten to say that the two different ceiling heights as well as the lighting in the church made it difficult to get pictures which are a true representation of what it looks like. It looks much better in person than in these pictures, but I wanted to at least share a couple of pictures for those of you who have been praying for our project. All of the church people are just as pleased as can be with the finished product.
The platform is our old one. We will be making a new one that is a little bigger and taller. A woman in our church told me last week that she bought me a new rug to go on the platform. She didn't ask what color we were painting before buying the rug. It doesn't really match, but...it could have been much worse! :)
If anyone is wondering why we would choose a light colored tile for the bottom half of the wall...we didn't. That tile was already there. We had to work with what we had. Also, I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture, but the side walls of the auditorium are not white, but pale lavender. A special thank you to my wife for making the big platform curtain and the scarves which are draped over the other windows.
This Sunday, the 18th, we will be celebrating our church's 7th anniversary. We are thanking God for the great things he has done. One woman was saved last Wednesday, and two more young adults were saved this morning. We have around 8 people who should be getting baptized this Sunday at the Anniversary service. I believe God is doing some great things in our church right now, and I am excited to see how much more he will do with our additional space. Thank you for your prayers.